Search this Blog
- We're going to talk radical kid raising. We're going to dispel some myths and rumours about what children need and think and do. We're going to celebrate, honour, and respect children for nothing other than being who they are. We're going to delight in the opportunity children provide us for personal growth, perspective, and exploration. We're going to encourage and support you in being the best parent you can imagine. And maybe get distracted by the beauty of the journey along the way...
COMPASS E-zine Sign-up
The Ocean"confused guy" #enjoyparenting achievement alfie kohn asl attachment parenting birthdays boredom in children building an emotionally safe household building connection with children childhood development children choice co-parenting connection parenting controlling children's behavior creative projects involving children cro-magnon education™ cro-magnon parenting cro-magnon parenting™ disruptions to natural parenting elimination communication emotional intelligence empathy parenting exploration faeries family family fun family rituals family time Feeleez grandparents gratitude kid world kim john payne law of attraction law of attraction parenting life modeling Natalie Christensen natural drives natural parenting non-ownership now parent-centered parenting parent-child bonding parent-child relations parenting parenting mythology parents who control too much play praise and punishment pretend radical parenting strategies santa cruz self-empathizing sibling relations simple pleasures summer summer vacation teaching teaching empathy teaching kids about social living travel trust unschool unschooling using empathy vacation village life winter winter celebrations winter holidays YES! yule
- What's Parenting Style Got to Do With It?
- Meet Your Emotional Brain -- or -- Whose "Tantrum" is This, Anyway?
- The END of all Tantrums
- Building an Emotionally Safe Household
- Help Me Out -- Stop Trying to Fix It
- A Return to Cro-Magnon Education
- Friend of Foe -- Turning Children's Upsets into Assets for the Family
- (Back to) the Basics pt IV: Take Some, Leave Some... Information!
Tag Archives: elimination communication
Originally posted on "A Beautiful Place of the World":
For those of you who may be new to this blog, and therefore have essentially no idea from where I am coming, and what I advocate for parents and…
As I’ve continued to think about how best to present what follows, I have had immense difficulty containing what really is a fairly encompassing look at how we live our entire family life. As I pointed out in the first … Continue reading →
Ever heard of Elimination Communication? No, it’s not a directive for a CIA operative to take out a nefarious political leader in another country. And it isn’t the Terminator’s program name either — though I do like to imagine Arnold … Continue reading →
Everything I talk about on this blog (and I mean everything) aims at, is founded in, and relies on developing and maintaining a powerful bond with our children. The bond is the link that connects our minds, hearts and bodies to … Continue reading →
We parents today (particularly in Western “civilized” societies) have it harder than perhaps any other time in history and any other culture known. By some stroke of cosmic misfortune, our historical “good” fortune has condemned our child-raising to a level … Continue reading →
For those of you who may be new to this blog, and therefore have essentially no idea from where I am coming, and what I advocate for parents and children and the relationships between them, I have decided to give … Continue reading →