Search this Blog
- We're going to talk radical kid raising. We're going to dispel some myths and rumours about what children need and think and do. We're going to celebrate, honour, and respect children for nothing other than being who they are. We're going to delight in the opportunity children provide us for personal growth, perspective, and exploration. We're going to encourage and support you in being the best parent you can imagine. And maybe get distracted by the beauty of the journey along the way...
COMPASS E-zine Sign-up
The Ocean"confused guy" #enjoyparenting achievement alfie kohn asl attachment parenting birthdays boredom in children building an emotionally safe household building connection with children childhood development children choice co-parenting connection parenting controlling children's behavior creative projects involving children cro-magnon education™ cro-magnon parenting cro-magnon parenting™ disruptions to natural parenting elimination communication emotional intelligence empathy parenting exploration faeries family family-centered parenting family fun family rituals family time Feeleez grandparents gratitude kid world kim john payne law of attraction law of attraction parenting life modeling Natalie Christensen natural drives natural parenting non-ownership now parent-centered parenting parent-child bonding parent-child relations parenting parenting mythology parents who control too much play praise and punishment pretend radical parenting strategies santa cruz self-empathizing sibling relations simple pleasures summer summer vacation teaching teaching empathy teaching kids about social living travel unschool unschooling using empathy vacation village life winter winter celebrations winter holidays YES! yule
- Get Your Cro-Magnon On
- Meet Your Emotional Brain -- or -- Whose "Tantrum" is This, Anyway?
- The Gospel according to Charlie Darling -- Boat Life!
- Spoil the Rod, Spare the Child *
- Friend of Foe -- Turning Children's Upsets into Assets for the Family
- A Return to Cro-Magnon Education
- Parent-Centered Parenting
- The END of all Tantrums
Category Archives: ‘Member When…
Hey – ‘Member when Andy Warhol did that photo piece on Echo? Not really. This is just what happens when Echo (model) and Natalie (photographer) are having exactly the right variety and amount of fun. Of course, the effort … Continue reading
‘Member when Bella tried a new business venture she poetically called Emu Washing. Not really. She is actually pictured here offering some drinking water to Grammy’s neighbors, the Emus. And no, that isn’t their last name — as you can … Continue reading
‘Member when Bella was a dwarf? No, not really. Actually she’s got two wooden legs. They’re hollow. Fortunately for our grocery bill, they’re also collapsable. But seriously… Have you ever tried this classic Tim Conway bit with your kid(s)? Just … Continue reading
‘Member when Echo was teaching me to play guitar? But then got drunk and passed out? No, not really — but she has shown her interest in the guitar from as soon as she could move her head. This was … Continue reading
‘Member when Coco, who was “The Champ”, got dethroned by the Red Giant? Here she is folks, at just 9 months, Echo Manidra, “the Champ”, at the top of her game. In 2007, this feather weight dynamo was undefeated in … Continue reading
Member when there was a blizzard in July? Just kidding… Although, it can happen, this was actually last winter-spring in front of our house, Gus. Just wanted to wish you a coool afternoon. Be well.