Search this Blog
- We're going to talk radical kid raising. We're going to dispel some myths and rumours about what children need and think and do. We're going to celebrate, honour, and respect children for nothing other than being who they are. We're going to delight in the opportunity children provide us for personal growth, perspective, and exploration. We're going to encourage and support you in being the best parent you can imagine. And maybe get distracted by the beauty of the journey along the way...
COMPASS E-zine Sign-up
The Ocean"confused guy" #enjoyparenting achievement alfie kohn asl attachment parenting birthdays boredom in children building an emotionally safe household building connection with children childhood development children choice co-parenting connection parenting controlling children's behavior creative projects involving children cro-magnon education™ cro-magnon parenting cro-magnon parenting™ disruptions to natural parenting elimination communication emotional intelligence empathy parenting exploration faeries family family-centered parenting family fun family rituals family time Feeleez grandparents gratitude kid world kim john payne law of attraction law of attraction parenting life modeling Natalie Christensen natural drives natural parenting non-ownership now parent-centered parenting parent-child bonding parent-child relations parenting parenting mythology parents who control too much play praise and punishment pretend radical parenting strategies santa cruz self-empathizing sibling relations simple pleasures summer summer vacation teaching teaching empathy teaching kids about social living travel unschool unschooling using empathy vacation village life winter winter celebrations winter holidays YES! yule
- Get Your Cro-Magnon On
- Meet Your Emotional Brain -- or -- Whose "Tantrum" is This, Anyway?
- The Gospel according to Charlie Darling -- Boat Life!
- Spoil the Rod, Spare the Child *
- Friend of Foe -- Turning Children's Upsets into Assets for the Family
- A Return to Cro-Magnon Education
- Parent-Centered Parenting
- The END of all Tantrums
Tag Archives: now
Here she is, folks, one year ago when she turned 5. Echo saw this photo this morning and said, “What’s wrong with my face?”. It’s funny how little sense of our selves (in our ever-changing flux) we actually have, isn’t … Continue reading
Hello World. I have some exciting news and gratitudes I’d like to share with you today. First I want to say thanks to Ashoka who created Activating Empathy which held a contest we entered last year with our company Feeleez. Ashoka still … Continue reading
I’m finding myself wanting to make a little habit of this week-ending gratitude thingy. So I’m here today to offer a few appreciationals about these four amazing ladies in my life. Natalie and Echo were gone this week to Portland … Continue reading
Greetings friends, family, and fellow blog-watchers: I’ve been out of the proverbial loop for the last month, and a bit fuzzy-headed for several months, so I wanted to take the opportunity to reconnect here and fill you in on some … Continue reading
For our family, Summer has now official started! One of the first indicators was the beginning of Bella’s vacation from school and the corollary arrival of our “biggest sister” to her Missoula home. Xi and Echo nearly launched into orbit … Continue reading