Search this Blog
- We're going to talk radical kid raising. We're going to dispel some myths and rumours about what children need and think and do. We're going to celebrate, honour, and respect children for nothing other than being who they are. We're going to delight in the opportunity children provide us for personal growth, perspective, and exploration. We're going to encourage and support you in being the best parent you can imagine. And maybe get distracted by the beauty of the journey along the way...
COMPASS E-zine Sign-up
The Ocean"confused guy" #enjoyparenting achievement alfie kohn asl attachment parenting birthdays boredom in children building an emotionally safe household building connection with children childhood development children choice co-parenting connection parenting controlling children's behavior creative projects involving children cro-magnon education™ cro-magnon parenting cro-magnon parenting™ disruptions to natural parenting elimination communication emotional intelligence empathy parenting exploration faeries family family-centered parenting family fun family rituals family time Feeleez grandparents gratitude kid world kim john payne law of attraction law of attraction parenting life modeling Natalie Christensen natural drives natural parenting non-ownership now parent-centered parenting parent-child bonding parent-child relations parenting parenting mythology parents who control too much play praise and punishment pretend radical parenting strategies santa cruz self-empathizing sibling relations simple pleasures summer summer vacation teaching teaching empathy teaching kids about social living travel unschool unschooling using empathy vacation village life winter winter celebrations winter holidays YES! yule
- Get Your Cro-Magnon On
- Meet Your Emotional Brain -- or -- Whose "Tantrum" is This, Anyway?
- The Gospel according to Charlie Darling -- Boat Life!
- Spoil the Rod, Spare the Child *
- Friend of Foe -- Turning Children's Upsets into Assets for the Family
- A Return to Cro-Magnon Education
- Parent-Centered Parenting
- The END of all Tantrums
Tag Archives: “confused guy”
Originally posted on "A Beautiful Place of the World":
In our home we don’t refer to anyone as “evil”. For us, it is virtually the same thing as referring to someone by a racial slur, or other non-specific…
Here she is, folks, the (dreaded) COnfused Queen, with her ™ lovely white dress — the full-length formal one with the four pink roses on the bodice, and the wide, layered collar. Her pretty, smiling face belies her unkind intentions. The … Continue reading
In our home we don’t refer to anyone as “evil”. For us, it is virtually the same thing as referring to someone by a racial slur, or other non-specific derogatory appellation. Natalie and I made this choice on a heart-felt … Continue reading