Search this Blog
- We're going to talk radical kid raising. We're going to dispel some myths and rumours about what children need and think and do. We're going to celebrate, honour, and respect children for nothing other than being who they are. We're going to delight in the opportunity children provide us for personal growth, perspective, and exploration. We're going to encourage and support you in being the best parent you can imagine. And maybe get distracted by the beauty of the journey along the way...
COMPASS E-zine Sign-up
The Ocean"confused guy" #enjoyparenting achievement alfie kohn asl attachment parenting birthdays boredom in children building an emotionally safe household building connection with children childhood development children choice co-parenting connection parenting controlling children's behavior creative projects involving children cro-magnon education™ cro-magnon parenting cro-magnon parenting™ disruptions to natural parenting elimination communication emotional intelligence empathy parenting exploration faeries family family-centered parenting family fun family rituals family time Feeleez grandparents gratitude kid world kim john payne law of attraction law of attraction parenting life modeling Natalie Christensen natural drives natural parenting non-ownership now parent-centered parenting parent-child bonding parent-child relations parenting parenting mythology parents who control too much play praise and punishment pretend radical parenting strategies santa cruz self-empathizing sibling relations simple pleasures summer summer vacation teaching teaching empathy teaching kids about social living travel unschool unschooling using empathy vacation village life winter winter celebrations winter holidays YES! yule
- Building an Emotionally Safe Household
- Empathy Schmimpathy... Why Bother?!
- What's Parenting Style Got to Do With It?
- The Family that Schools at Home pt II
- Cockeyed Behaviorist Dogma Continues to Lose to Neuro-Science and Cro-Mags
- Rehab for Praise-aholics
- Get Your Cro-Magnon On
- A Return to Cro-Magnon Education
Tag Archives: trusting children
I won’t lie to you, friends — sometimes, and really just sometimes, I still question what we’re doing here. I sometimes still wonder — if we stay off the well-beaten paths of modern parenting, if we tenderly nurture our kids, without punishing … Continue reading →
Originally posted on "A Beautiful Place of the World":
Today, I wanted to present you with a simple parenting algebra equation to derive trust. It says that the trust our kids feel in us is directly proportional to…
Today, I wanted to present you with a simple parenting algebra equation to derive trust. It says that the trust our kids feel in us is directly proportional to the product of three variables: a) our trust in ourselves as … Continue reading →
So, today we’re playing, “Have the Parent’s Lost Their Freaking Minds!?” What you see before you is not a photoshopped gag. It’s not a posed shot, wherein (almost) 4 year-old Echo is pretending to cut the tofu. And it isn’t … Continue reading →