Search this Blog
- We're going to talk radical kid raising. We're going to dispel some myths and rumours about what children need and think and do. We're going to celebrate, honour, and respect children for nothing other than being who they are. We're going to delight in the opportunity children provide us for personal growth, perspective, and exploration. We're going to encourage and support you in being the best parent you can imagine. And maybe get distracted by the beauty of the journey along the way...
COMPASS E-zine Sign-up
The Ocean"confused guy" #enjoyparenting achievement alfie kohn asl attachment parenting birthdays boredom in children building an emotionally safe household building connection with children childhood development children choice co-parenting connection parenting controlling children's behavior creative projects involving children cro-magnon education™ cro-magnon parenting cro-magnon parenting™ disruptions to natural parenting elimination communication emotional intelligence empathy parenting exploration faeries family family-centered parenting family fun family rituals family time Feeleez grandparents gratitude kid world kim john payne law of attraction law of attraction parenting life modeling Natalie Christensen natural drives natural parenting non-ownership now parent-centered parenting parent-child bonding parent-child relations parenting parenting mythology parents who control too much play praise and punishment pretend radical parenting strategies santa cruz self-empathizing sibling relations simple pleasures summer summer vacation teaching teaching empathy teaching kids about social living travel unschool unschooling using empathy vacation village life winter winter celebrations winter holidays YES! yule
- (Back to) the Basics V: Who's the Boss
- Empathy Schmimpathy... Why Bother?!
- (Back to) the Basics pt II: Hold that Baby!
- Making Friends... with Oxytocin!
- I'm thankful for... The (Global) Empathy Hotline!
- Get Your Cro-Magnon On
- Building an Emotionally Safe Household
- The Myth of the Self-Soothing Infant
Tag Archives: patience
It’s a classic story. Nearly every parent says, “Jeez, the time goes by so fast,” or some version thereof. We lament how quickly our little ones grow up. We attempt to latch on to our own bits of their infancy … Continue reading →