Search this Blog
- We're going to talk radical kid raising. We're going to dispel some myths and rumours about what children need and think and do. We're going to celebrate, honour, and respect children for nothing other than being who they are. We're going to delight in the opportunity children provide us for personal growth, perspective, and exploration. We're going to encourage and support you in being the best parent you can imagine. And maybe get distracted by the beauty of the journey along the way...
COMPASS E-zine Sign-up
The Ocean"confused guy" #enjoyparenting achievement alfie kohn asl attachment parenting birthdays boredom in children building an emotionally safe household building connection with children childhood development children choice co-parenting connection parenting controlling children's behavior creative projects involving children cro-magnon education™ cro-magnon parenting cro-magnon parenting™ disruptions to natural parenting elimination communication emotional intelligence empathy parenting exploration faeries family family fun family rituals family time Feeleez grandparents gratitude kid world kim john payne law of attraction law of attraction parenting life modeling Natalie Christensen natural drives natural parenting non-ownership now parent-centered parenting parent-child bonding parent-child relations parenting parenting mythology parents who control too much play praise and punishment pretend radical parenting strategies santa cruz self-empathizing sibling relations simple pleasures summer summer vacation teaching teaching empathy teaching kids about social living travel trust unschool unschooling using empathy vacation village life winter winter celebrations winter holidays YES! yule
- Meet Your Emotional Brain -- or -- Whose "Tantrum" is This, Anyway?
- The END of all Tantrums
- Building an Emotionally Safe Household
- What's Parenting Style Got to Do With It?
- A Return to Cro-Magnon Education
- Friend of Foe -- Turning Children's Upsets into Assets for the Family
- (Back to) the Basics pt IV: Take Some, Leave Some... Information!
- Rehab for Praise-aholics
Tag Archives: hope
Natalie and I recently watched the movie Everyday People. In it there is a scene in which a young man about to enter college, who is estranged from his father, is in a restaurant speaking to an older man who has … Continue reading →