Search this Blog
- We're going to talk radical kid raising. We're going to dispel some myths and rumours about what children need and think and do. We're going to celebrate, honour, and respect children for nothing other than being who they are. We're going to delight in the opportunity children provide us for personal growth, perspective, and exploration. We're going to encourage and support you in being the best parent you can imagine. And maybe get distracted by the beauty of the journey along the way...
COMPASS E-zine Sign-up
The Ocean"confused guy" #enjoyparenting achievement alfie kohn asl attachment parenting birthdays boredom in children building an emotionally safe household building connection with children childhood development children choice connection parenting controlling children's behavior creative projects involving children cro-magnon education™ cro-magnon parenting cro-magnon parenting™ disruptions to natural parenting elimination communication emotional intelligence empathy parenting exploration faeries family family fun family rituals family time Feeleez grandparents gratitude kid world kim john payne law of attraction law of attraction parenting life modeling Natalie Christensen natural drives natural parenting non-ownership now parent-centered parenting parent-child bonding parent-child relations parenting parenting mythology parents who control too much play praise and punishment pretend radical parenting strategies santa cruz self-empathizing sibling relations simple pleasures summer summer vacation teaching teaching empathy teaching kids about social living travel trust unschool unschooling using empathy vacation village life winter winter celebrations winter holidays winter in montana YES! yule
- Get Your Cro-Magnon On
- (Back to) the Basics V: Who's the Boss
- Friend of Foe -- Turning Children's Upsets into Assets for the Family
- Meet Your Emotional Brain -- or -- Whose "Tantrum" is This, Anyway?
- The END of all Tantrums
- Empathy Schmimpathy... Why Bother?!
- 9th Birthday in 3-part Harmony
- I'm (an) Official!
Tag Archives: auto-no
I have written directly about a portion of the discourse I want to take up in this post in some detail before, and referred to this notion multiple times. Thus far, however, I have only closely considered the “no” side … Continue reading →
I don’t know if this term has been officially coined yet, but can you guess what I mean by “auto-no”? How about when I say, one of the most pervasive problems I see in parenting strategies across the board is … Continue reading →