Today, Natalie and I are releasing this video:
We made this for a workshop with which we were involved a few months back. The organizer wanted some fresh content about Feeleez — that is, not something we’d yet produced or used — so we came up with a sweet little ditty. Now that the workshop has come and gone, we wanted to share a version of it with you guys.
There’s more than a dozen things that I am truly grateful for about all of the above, but I’ll whittle it down to a few important nuggets for the moment:
- First off, I’m truly pleased that Natalie and I are the kind of people that when someone says, “Will you create something original — you know like a video — to tell people more about Feeleez,” we just say “Sure!” and then teach ourselves how to do it, and make it happen. And it’s fantastic! That’s just cool.
- I’m also thankful for the footage itself that we have of our kids being so dang cute — I almost cry every time I watch it.
- I’m thankful for the teams I get to be on — our family team (which makes me complete), Natalie and my partnership-team (which empowers me to love everything more, and co-create some truly amazing things), the Feeleez team (which gives me the joy of making a difference in kids’ lives around the world), the Parenting on the Same Team team (which gives Natalie and I a chance to mentor and support other like-minded parents), and the world Natural/Attachment Parenting movement (which reminds me that I belong to something bigger than all of us which is profoundly changing the course of future history — it’s a quiet revolution…).
- And I’m truly, madly, deeply appreciative for Feeleez itself. What a wonderful thing to have in this world! Our dear friend and fellow parenting villager, Kris Laroche, came over to our house one afternoon to pick up her son and she had a brilliant idea. She wanted Natalie to help her make a game for our kids that would teach them about feelings. We sat out in our yard and discussed the details of such a game with greater enthusiasm as the minutes went by. Then using our kids and ourselves as models (“Ok — do… ‘Scared!'”), and with editing help from our long discussions about this or that detail of the facial expression of feelings (“What about the eyebrows?”), Natalie crafted 25 stellar images of unique kids having a whole range of emotions. Then we turned that into a business together. Now, 5 years later, we are suddenly on the precipice of a whole range of new Feeleez products (magnets and t-shirts already en route), business developments (moving to a whole new level of distribution), and services (yet to be unveiled…!), and I am so thankful to be a part of it all.
- Finally, I’m thankful for the people who love and support Feeleez. Without you, we wouldn’t be. So thank you for being. You guys are awesome!
That’s my gratitude list for the moment. I hope you all are finding, enjoying, and appreciating the wonderful things in your lives, too!