Search this Blog
- We're going to talk radical kid raising. We're going to dispel some myths and rumours about what children need and think and do. We're going to celebrate, honour, and respect children for nothing other than being who they are. We're going to delight in the opportunity children provide us for personal growth, perspective, and exploration. We're going to encourage and support you in being the best parent you can imagine. And maybe get distracted by the beauty of the journey along the way...
The Ocean"confused guy" #enjoyparenting achievement alfie kohn asl attachment parenting birthdays boredom in children building an emotionally safe household building connection with children childhood development children choice connection parenting controlling children's behavior creative projects involving children cro-magnon education™ cro-magnon parenting cro-magnon parenting™ disruptions to natural parenting elimination communication emotional intelligence empathy parenting exploration faeries family family fun family rituals family time grandparents gratitude kid world kim john payne law of attraction law of attraction parenting life manipulation modeling Natalie Christensen natural drives natural parenting non-ownership now parent-centered parenting parent-child bonding parent-child relations parenting parenting mythology parents who control too much play praise and punishment pretend radical parenting strategies santa cruz self-empathizing sibling relations simple pleasures social empathy summer summer vacation teaching teaching empathy teaching kids about social living travel trust unschool unschooling using empathy vacation village life winter winter celebrations winter holidays YES! yule
- A Beautiful Place of... 6512 and Growing
- Intro to Educating a Human Brain
- Meet Your Emotional Brain -- or -- Whose "Tantrum" is This, Anyway?
- What's Parenting Style Got to Do With It?
- A Return to Cro-Magnon Education
- Friend of Foe -- Turning Children's Upsets into Assets for the Family
- (Back to) the Basics pt II: Hold that Baby!
- Passages -- or -- Ways We've Gotten Through
Tag Archives: unschoolers
Here is the final installment in the epic tale of how we handle education in our home. You’ll no doubt remember (or easily be able to jump back and find out using the following links) that in Part I and … Continue reading →
So last week I mentioned that I would get back to this discussion on the kind of schooling we do in our home. We call it “unschool” because that is the philosophy that most broadly describes our version of educating … Continue reading →