Search this Blog
- We're going to talk radical kid raising. We're going to dispel some myths and rumours about what children need and think and do. We're going to celebrate, honour, and respect children for nothing other than being who they are. We're going to delight in the opportunity children provide us for personal growth, perspective, and exploration. We're going to encourage and support you in being the best parent you can imagine. And maybe get distracted by the beauty of the journey along the way...
The Ocean"confused guy" #enjoyparenting achievement alfie kohn appreciation asl attachment parenting birthdays boredom building connection with children celebrating children choice connection parenting controlling children controlling children's behavior creative endeavors cro-magnon education™ cro-magnon parenting cro-magnon parenting™ development disruptions to natural parenting elimination communication emotional intelligence empathy parenting exploration faeries family family rituals family time fun grandparents kid world kim john payne law of attraction law of attraction parenting life modeling Natalie Christensen natural drives natural parenting non-ownership now parent-child bonding parent-child relations parenting parenting mythology parents who control too much perspectives play praise and punishment pretend radical strategies santa cruz self-empathizing sibling relations simple pleasures social empathy summer summer vacation teaching teaching empathy teaching kids about social living travel trust unschool unschooling using empathy vacation village life winter winter celebrations winter holidays YES! yule
- Parenting Doesn't Have to Suck
- The Self-Authenticating Adult, or How to be a Super-Hero to your Kid
- Friend of Foe -- Turning Children's Upsets into Assets for the Family
- A Return to Cro-Magnon Education
- (Back to) the Basics pt II: Hold that Baby!
- Get Your Cro-Magnon On
- Out with a Splash!
- Compound Bliss
Tag Archives: radical strategies
Here she is, folks, the (dreaded) COnfused Queen, with her ™ lovely white dress — the full-length formal one with the four pink roses on the bodice, and the wide, layered collar. Her pretty, smiling face belies her unkind intentions. The … Continue reading
Our dear friend and business partner, Kris Laroche, has often been inspired by and inspiring to our parenting. We have traded ideas back and forth, read many of the same books, and been mutually encouraged by each other along the … Continue reading
Hey – We’re on vacation!!! And for more about how we got here (as in what we had to do to make it here), check out Natalie’s post. One of the things I noticed as we traveled through four airports … Continue reading