Search this Blog
- We're going to talk radical kid raising. We're going to dispel some myths and rumours about what children need and think and do. We're going to celebrate, honour, and respect children for nothing other than being who they are. We're going to delight in the opportunity children provide us for personal growth, perspective, and exploration. We're going to encourage and support you in being the best parent you can imagine. And maybe get distracted by the beauty of the journey along the way...
COMPASS e-zine sign-up
The Ocean"confused guy" #enjoyparenting achievement alfie kohn asl attachment parenting birthdays boredom in children building an emotionally safe household building connection with children childhood development children choice connection parenting controlling children's behavior creative projects involving children cro-magnon education™ cro-magnon parenting cro-magnon parenting™ disruptions to natural parenting elimination communication emotional intelligence empathy parenting exploration faeries family family fun family rituals family time grandparents gratitude kid world kim john payne law of attraction law of attraction parenting life manipulation modeling Natalie Christensen natural drives natural parenting non-ownership now parent-centered parenting parent-child bonding parent-child relations parenting parenting mythology parents who control too much play praise and punishment pretend radical parenting strategies santa cruz self-empathizing sibling relations simple pleasures social empathy summer summer vacation teaching teaching empathy teaching kids about social living travel trust unschool unschooling using empathy vacation village life winter winter celebrations winter holidays YES! yule
- The Myth of the Self-Soothing Infant
- Meet Your Emotional Brain -- or -- Whose "Tantrum" is This, Anyway?
- "Sharing is (S)caring" or the Art of Performance Parenting
- Making Friends... with Oxytocin!
- Co-Operation Beats Compliance Every Time
- Corpse Bride to help Cookie Monster find Cookies
- Building an Emotionally Safe Household
Tag Archives: power of choice
This is part of the little series I’m doing, offering tiny mantras and quick thoughts on the nature of parenting. My hope is that these little perspective framers will be a boon for parents of all sorts, regardless of your … Continue reading →