Search this Blog
- We're going to talk radical kid raising. We're going to dispel some myths and rumours about what children need and think and do. We're going to celebrate, honour, and respect children for nothing other than being who they are. We're going to delight in the opportunity children provide us for personal growth, perspective, and exploration. We're going to encourage and support you in being the best parent you can imagine. And maybe get distracted by the beauty of the journey along the way...
The Ocean"confused guy" #enjoyparenting achievement alfie kohn appreciation asl attachment parenting birthdays boredom building connection with children celebrating children choice connection parenting controlling children controlling children's behavior creative endeavors cro-magnon education™ cro-magnon parenting cro-magnon parenting™ development disruptions to natural parenting elimination communication emotional intelligence empathy parenting exploration faeries family family rituals family time fun grandparents kid world kim john payne law of attraction law of attraction parenting life modeling Natalie Christensen natural drives natural parenting non-ownership now parent-child bonding parent-child relations parenting parenting mythology parents who control too much perspectives play praise and punishment pretend radical strategies santa cruz self-empathizing sibling relations simple pleasures social empathy summer summer vacation teaching teaching empathy teaching kids about social living travel trust unschool unschooling using empathy vacation village life winter winter celebrations winter holidays YES! yule
- (Back to) the Basics V: Who's the Boss
- Friend of Foe -- Turning Children's Upsets into Assets for the Family
- A Return to Cro-Magnon Education
- Out with a Splash!
- (Back to) the Basics pt II: Hold that Baby!
- The Self-Authenticating Adult, or How to be a Super-Hero to your Kid
- Get Your Cro-Magnon On
- Meet Your Emotional Brain, or, Whose "Tantrum" is This, Anyway?
Tag Archives: now
Hey – ‘Member when Andy Warhol did that photo piece on Echo? Not really. This is just what happens when Echo (model) and Natalie (photographer) are having exactly the right variety and amount of fun. Of course, the effort … Continue reading
Xideka (pronounced “Zi’-da-ka” for those who don’t know) asked me the other day if I loved Autumn. I said that I did, but that it was a bittersweet love (of course, having to divert to explain what “bittersweet” meant) because, … Continue reading
Our girls share a very active fantasy life. There are dragons and faeries, princesses and princes, mermaids and mystics, and magic in the ether around them, folding into their daily lives and influencing them as they move from one … Continue reading
Echo has learned to use scissors. It’s a “whoa” kinda thing to see our “little baby” exhibiting advanced kid skills of this variety. And it just so happens to be an ideal use for the stacks of paint sample chips … Continue reading
Do you know what you want? Have you thought much about it? Is it something you think you even deserve to ponder? I ask this of my clients a lot. They then immediately begin whittling down the domain of such a … Continue reading
This is one of the earlier digital pictures in our family. Before that, I was staunchly anti-digital, so many of the pictures of Izabella’s infancy and early childhood are film prints only. But this one, from right before she turned … Continue reading
It’s a new day, friends. You may have blown it hugely yesterday. You may have done or said your parenting worst. You may have acted in such a way that you think your parenting license should be revoked. You may … Continue reading
Our dear friend and business partner, Kris Laroche, has often been inspired by and inspiring to our parenting. We have traded ideas back and forth, read many of the same books, and been mutually encouraged by each other along the … Continue reading