Search this Blog
- We're going to talk radical kid raising. We're going to dispel some myths and rumours about what children need and think and do. We're going to celebrate, honour, and respect children for nothing other than being who they are. We're going to delight in the opportunity children provide us for personal growth, perspective, and exploration. We're going to encourage and support you in being the best parent you can imagine. And maybe get distracted by the beauty of the journey along the way...
The Ocean"confused guy" #enjoyparenting achievement alfie kohn asl attachment parenting birthdays boredom in children building an emotionally safe household building connection with children childhood development children choice connection parenting controlling children's behavior creative projects involving children cro-magnon education™ cro-magnon parenting cro-magnon parenting™ disruptions to natural parenting elimination communication emotional intelligence empathy parenting exploration faeries family family fun family rituals family time grandparents gratitude kid world kim john payne law of attraction law of attraction parenting life manipulation modeling Natalie Christensen natural drives natural parenting non-ownership now parent-centered parenting parent-child bonding parent-child relations parenting parenting mythology parents who control too much play praise and punishment pretend radical parenting strategies santa cruz self-empathizing sibling relations simple pleasures social empathy summer summer vacation teaching teaching empathy teaching kids about social living travel trust unschool unschooling using empathy vacation village life winter winter celebrations winter holidays YES! yule
- Co-Operation Beats Compliance Every Time
- Friend of Foe -- Turning Children's Upsets into Assets for the Family
- Get Your Cro-Magnon On
- The END of all Tantrums
- Building an Emotionally Safe Household
- Meet Your Emotional Brain -- or -- Whose "Tantrum" is This, Anyway?
- Hard-knocks for Modern Families or Build-Your-Own Village
- Parent-Centered Parenting
Tag Archives: now
We made it back home yesterday. After winding through some of my favorite parts of America and sharing some of my favorite vistas with my family, and sharing my family with those same places, we drove into Montana yesterday afternoon, … Continue reading
As some of you, no doubt, already know from Natalie’s blog, the McTague family has launched itself on a good ole fashioned, classically Americana-styled, road trip vacation. Monday morning we set out across the wild-green, river-swollen wilderness of Montana and … Continue reading
This girl. When she comes in, the contours of the room bulge outward under the weight of her gigantic presence. When they know she’s coming for the weekend, or when it’s coming to the end of any length of time since they … Continue reading
Some cat killed a bird in our yard the other day. By some cat, I mean either one of our own two cuddly killers, or the strange new neighbor cat who was only a half-hour earlier shooed away from our … Continue reading