Search this Blog
- We're going to talk radical kid raising. We're going to dispel some myths and rumours about what children need and think and do. We're going to celebrate, honour, and respect children for nothing other than being who they are. We're going to delight in the opportunity children provide us for personal growth, perspective, and exploration. We're going to encourage and support you in being the best parent you can imagine. And maybe get distracted by the beauty of the journey along the way...
The Ocean"confused guy" #enjoyparenting achievement alfie kohn asl attachment parenting birthdays boredom in children building an emotionally safe household building connection with children childhood development children choice connection parenting controlling children's behavior creative projects involving children cro-magnon education™ cro-magnon parenting cro-magnon parenting™ disruptions to natural parenting elimination communication emotional intelligence empathy parenting exploration faeries family family fun family rituals family time grandparents gratitude kid world kim john payne law of attraction law of attraction parenting life manipulation modeling Natalie Christensen natural drives natural parenting non-ownership now parent-centered parenting parent-child bonding parent-child relations parenting parenting mythology parents who control too much play praise and punishment pretend radical parenting strategies santa cruz self-empathizing sibling relations simple pleasures social empathy summer summer vacation teaching teaching empathy teaching kids about social living travel trust unschool unschooling using empathy vacation village life winter winter celebrations winter holidays YES! yule
- Co-Operation Beats Compliance Every Time
- Friend of Foe -- Turning Children's Upsets into Assets for the Family
- Get Your Cro-Magnon On
- The END of all Tantrums
- Meet Your Emotional Brain -- or -- Whose "Tantrum" is This, Anyway?
- Hard-knocks for Modern Families or Build-Your-Own Village
- Parent-Centered Parenting
- The Trust Equation
Tag Archives: empowered nervous system
How do babies learn things? How can we help them learn in the most conducive way possible? What does it take to create the best environment, conditions, and potential for the highest possible development of our children’s full mental (cognitive, … Continue reading →
So, today we’re playing, “Have the Parent’s Lost Their Freaking Minds!?” What you see before you is not a photoshopped gag. It’s not a posed shot, wherein (almost) 4 year-old Echo is pretending to cut the tofu. And it isn’t … Continue reading →
Here is the final installment in the epic tale of how we handle education in our home. You’ll no doubt remember (or easily be able to jump back and find out using the following links) that in Part I and … Continue reading →